Re: [alpine-devel] RFC: Project goals and guiding principles

From: Timothy Legge <timlegge_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 18:45:42 -0300

I just found Alpine recently and have no real idea what prompted this
thread nor do I really care enough to look back. Over the years I have
been involved in a lot of different projects, some as a casual contributor
and one brief time as a co project leader.

I've mellowed as I get older and things I will tolerate are both more and
less. I participate at the fringes mostly. If I like the software or need
a feature I add it send a pull request. I like it when it gets accepted
but if it doesn't it's not a big deal.

I've worked with all kinds but like bullys the least. Some people are
abrupt and rude but not horrible. Some are just assholes. Challenging
someone to do better is fine. No one grows if they are comfortable.
Making someone uncomfortable without encouraging growth, or causing injury
is not acceptable.

The guidelines seem the right direction. Whether I stick around remains to
be seen but as a project and people strive to do good and be good.

Tim