Re: [alpine-devel] Planning for 3.10 release

From: Simon Frankenberger <simon_at_fraho.eu>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2019 20:24:14 +0200

On 03.04.2019 17:28, Natanael Copa wrote:
> Things that I would like to have included in 3.10:
> - openjdk9 and openjdk10?

From my side that's no problem and I'd really appreciate it. Openjdk9 is
already in testing and seems to run stable, Openjdk10 PR is opened and
OpenJDK11 is ready, but waiting for 10 to get merged.

The only issue with these packages is that they only build on 64 bit
arches natively, although cross-compiling seems to work without problems.

So, OpenJDK 9+10 (and most probably 11) builds fine on s390x, aarch64,
x86_64 and ppce64le (as far as I can see), but x86, armhf and armv7 fail
and I don't know why.

I'm currently trying to get the build running for at least x86, but for
the other arches I'm not sure what's happening there and how to fix /
debug it. My "infrastructure" is basicaly a bunch of shell scripts with
qemu-static binfmt emulation and there it works.

_at_Natanael: If you're OK to have java only for 64 bit (for now) then lets
get 9+10+11 into community asap :)

Thanks,
Simon