Re: [alpine-devel] Planning for 3.10 release

From: Milan P. Stanić <mps_at_arvanta.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2019 12:38:37 +0200

[ no need for Cc, I'm subscribed to list ]

On Wed, 2019-04-03 at 20:47, Natanael Copa wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Apr 2019 20:08:21 +0200
> Milan P. Stani* <mps_at_arvanta.net> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2019-04-03 at 17:28, Natanael Copa wrote:
> > [...]
> > > - at least one more architecture for rust.
> >
> > Current state with llvm deters me to try to make clean and canonical
> > APKBUILD and patches for aarch64 and armv7 (maybe ppc64) and I wait
> > till this (llvm status) will be solved.
>
> What is the issue with llvm? Is it tracked some where? is there a PR
> for it?

https://github.com/alpinelinux/aports/pull/6071
community/rust: upgrade to 1.32.0

and
https://github.com/alpinelinux/aports/pull/6071#pullrequestreview-216341671
excerpt from this:
I'm trying to build rust with it and if everything ok, I will update
this pull request with llvm7

I don't follow github much, so I'm not sure what all that means. Is the
llvm7 upgraded and built with mentioned patches?

Rust is still 1.31.1 version in aports but,
https://github.com/alpinelinux/aports/pull/6892
looks like llvm7 is patched/fixed.

Anyway, I will try to build rust 1.32.0 on x86_64 to see if this part is
solved and fixed.

> > To note, I have rust apk's for Alpine aarch64 and armv7 but they are not
> > canonical Alpine packages but I build with them some application like
> > firefox and some smaller, although didn't managed to build everything I
> > tried but didn't tried hard enough, probably.
>
> That is great news. Then there is hope to have both aarch64 and armv7
> support at least.

I can build it with llvm6 but have some issue with 'abuild rootpkg'
which I don't understand quite well, and need help about that.
I can (maybe I will) build log somewhere if anyone are willing to review
and give suggestions or any help.

--
regards