Re: [alpine-devel] [RFC] New Governance Model

From: Chloe Kudryavtsev <toast_at_toastin.space>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 11:29:19 -0400

On 4/11/2019 11:00 AM, Natanael Copa wrote:
>> We should thus reword it as something like so:
>> "Base is the ultimate authority, and the rest of the project structure
>> exists [...]"
>> Would that be acceptable?
>
> Would be better at least.

Okay, I'll patch it in later today (about to go out).

>> RE: patch ownership...
>
> lets keep that discussion separated from this. Preferable at a
> different time.

Fair enough, just wanted it on record.

> No, I meant: what are those very few disadvantages of forced rotation?

Oh I see.
The disadvantages are such:
1. Elections have to be held, and have to be project-wide.
This is slow, and requires decent amounts of effort.
Thankfully, with how we have it set up, it only happens once a year, and
is thus acceptable.
2. If the project is compromised (most project members do not have the
project's best interests in mind), after 3 years the protection
abilities of base also become compromised.
However, if the project is compromised, it's effectively already dead,
this only accelerates that.