Re: [alpine-devel] [RFC] New Governance Model

From: Chloe Kudryavtsev <toast_at_toastin.space>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 20:01:09 -0400

On 4/11/2019 5:27 PM, Natanael Copa wrote:
> Since we are sort of stuck with this, I suggest that we establish a
> working group of 4 people that together comes up with a modified or new
> proposal.
>
> I suggest Chloe is one of those and I have a candidate of someone that
> can be an external, neutral expert with experience of this process from
> other distros.

I have no problems with this.
If it takes more people and more time to get the proposal to a
reasonably optimal state, then that's just what we'll have to do.
I do think we're reasonably close to that point, but I've also had that
belief previously (and it has been wrong multiple times now).

> It would be good to have two more with at least one long timer.

I would like to stress that last part:
Having someone that's been with the project for a long time should
guarantee that the zeitgeist of the project is adequately represented.
It's uncertain why this hasn't been the case so far (with you being an
active participant, and several others such as Daniel tossing ideas),
but hopefully having them be on a de-facto board that's handling this
will remedy that situation.