[alpine-devel] Alpine Firewall

Pascal Laurent <tipizo@gmail.com>
<CAJfpDpyWXNGiqP67HLGcJ3MqrLtsG6cR-rpDoQ_oCXKYeJYFLQ@mail.gmail.com>

I would like to use alpine to built my soho firewall. Kinda hard to find a
nice tutorial to educate me. I would like the firewall to accomplish these
things:

-- Allow me to connect remotely
-- QoS for voip
-- Port forward to my internal apps

I understand alpine uses somethings similar with shorewall. May I request
your assistance helping me putting this together.

Thanks,
--P
Jeremy Thomerson <jeremy@thomersonfamily.com>
<CADVmKVDsy6Zw6=e5=ZAU9syHRA=26ZwfV=G=fp43LieGLYfALg@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAJfpDpyWXNGiqP67HLGcJ3MqrLtsG6cR-rpDoQ_oCXKYeJYFLQ@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Alpine is a Linux distro, so if you have any experience in doing these
things in any other Linux distro it basically all applies.

Allow me to connect remotely:
http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Setting_up_a_OpenVPN_server

QoS for VoIP:
I don't have any experience with setting up QoS, but you may look at this
package.  Since it appears to be just using iproute2's QoS, you may find
the tutorial after the package link helpful.

http://alpinelinux.org/apk/main/x86/iproute2-qos
http://www.howtoforge.com/voip_qos_traffic_shaping_iproute2_asterisk

Port forward to my internal apps
Just use iptables.  Search for any iptables tutorial.

Or, you can try awall:
http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/How-To_Alpine_Wall#Port-Forwarding

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Thomerson

Carlo Landmeter <clandmeter@gmail.com>
<CA+cSEmPPVO8goJkuGX5fDbme2LE+FxF9EHcs0cTc14SjEsqmWQ@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAJfpDpyWXNGiqP67HLGcJ3MqrLtsG6cR-rpDoQ_oCXKYeJYFLQ@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Hi

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 10:32 PM, Pascal Laurent <tipizo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to use alpine to built my soho firewall. Kinda hard to find a
> nice tutorial to educate me. I would like the firewall to accomplish these
> things:
>
> -- Allow me to connect remotely
> -- QoS for voip
> -- Port forward to my internal apps
>
> I understand alpine uses somethings similar with shorewall. May I request
> your assistance helping me putting this together.

This should be a good start for setting up firewall on Alpine.

http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Alpine_Wall_User's_Guide

> Thanks,
> --P

Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)