[alpine-devel] install vsftpd (ftp Server)

Mohsen Ahmadian <mohsen.etc@gmail.com>
<CABDvhBz=+0mYcHh6hGkx0O=ongmzLtkhw_n8_8aF3x-tKJPesA@mail.gmail.com>
Hello
i am new in alpinelinux . i want ti install vsftpd (ftp server) . how to
install
i run
apk add vsftpd
i change config file but from remote i can't access to my sever
please help me
tnx
Nathan Angelacos <nangel@nothome.org>
<521CD687.9040607@nothome.org>
In-Reply-To
<CABDvhBz=+0mYcHh6hGkx0O=ongmzLtkhw_n8_8aF3x-tKJPesA@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On 08/27/2013 09:27 AM, Mohsen Ahmadian wrote:
> Hello
> i am new in alpinelinux . i want ti install vsftpd (ftp server) . how to
> install
> i run
> apk add vsftpd
> i change config file but from remote i can't access to my sever
> please help me
> tnx

Is the service started?  Other distros often automatically start the
daemon when installing a new package.  Alpine Linux does not
automatically start services... Try:

/etc/init.d/vsftpd start

or if you want it to automatically start on next bootup:

rc-update add vsftpd
rc
lbu ci