[alpine-devel] Bug in abuild default_doc?

Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag@gmail.com>
<20140706220431.GA14426@newbook>
Hello,
I ran into this error while trying to create a new package:
>>> sword-doc*: Preparing subpackage sword-doc...
>>> ERROR: sword-doc*: Missing /home/idunham/aports/testing/sword/pkg/sword-doc
>>> ERROR: sword*: prepare_subpackages failed
>>> ERROR: sword: all failed
>>> sword: Uninstalling dependencies...

Looking at default_doc in abuild, I see that it doesn't mkdir $subpkgdir;
it will fail by default. I'd assume that this is not the intended behavior.

The workaround is easy (call mkdir then default_doc), but I thought I'd
mention this.

Thanks,
isaac Dunham

[alpine-devel] Re: Bug in abuild default_doc?

Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag@gmail.com>
<20140707005723.GA23136@newbook>
In-Reply-To
<20140706220431.GA14426@newbook> (view parent)
On Sun, Jul 06, 2014 at 03:04:31PM -0700, Isaac Dunham wrote:
> Hello,
> I ran into this error while trying to create a new package:
>
> Looking at default_doc in abuild, I see that it doesn't mkdir $subpkgdir;
> it will fail by default. I'd assume that this is not the intended behavior.
>
> The workaround is easy (call mkdir then default_doc), but I thought I'd
> mention this.

And it turns out the reason is that the package was installing no
documentation by default, duh.
Sorry for the noise.

But I should have it ready to submit as soon as I test a little more.

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham