[alpine-devel] heads up: APK bug tickled by linux-hardened rename in edge

William Pitcock <nenolod@dereferenced.org>
<CA+T2pCHXkw2N9GxS7aJ+VeSnP_fnxZFnnOPq0q4EefMyefpPgA@mail.gmail.com>
Hello,

In some cases, APK does not compute the full upgrade transaction in
one go and will leave you without a kernel.  We are working on fixing
that.

The workaround for now is to run apk upgrade twice.

After upgrading, you should probably also do:

# apk add linux-hardened
# apk del linux-grsec

As we will probably drop the linux-grsec provides entry from
linux-hardened at some point in the future.

William

[alpine-devel] Re: heads up: APK bug tickled by linux-hardened rename in edge

William Pitcock <nenolod@dereferenced.org>
<CA+T2pCGD0VLGcb4nqAYB8cV=wr4+8j5NFsAKOUpjjg85AgW0Lw@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CA+T2pCHXkw2N9GxS7aJ+VeSnP_fnxZFnnOPq0q4EefMyefpPgA@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Hello,

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 3:01 AM, William Pitcock
<nenolod@dereferenced.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In some cases, APK does not compute the full upgrade transaction in
> one go and will leave you without a kernel.  We are working on fixing
> that.
>
> The workaround for now is to run apk upgrade twice.
>
> After upgrading, you should probably also do:
>
> # apk add linux-hardened
> # apk del linux-grsec
>
> As we will probably drop the linux-grsec provides entry from
> linux-hardened at some point in the future.

As an update, we decided to implement a linux-grsec fake package for
now that should resolve this problem in the short term.
We are working to solve the actual problem in apk itself.

William