[alpine-devel] vim fix and/or change

Milan P. Stanić <mps@arvanta.net>
<20190423165519.GA12050@arya.arvanta.net>

Vim in current state in edge is somewhat problematic because vimdiff
subpackage depends on gvim (which is subpackage of vim) and gvim
conflicts with vim through 'provides"vim"' option.

I fixed this in my local build, but after looking at the current status
I think that vim needs a little more work.

My thoughts are about these:
Make vim-runtime subpackage with runtime files which is shared by vim
and gvim and set these to depend on vim-runtime.

Make small vim package (vim-basic, vim-tiny) which doesn't depends on
vim-runtime and 'conflicts' with vim and gvim.

Make vimdiff which depends on vim or gvim, and on diffutils.

Does this make sense or just fix vimdiff dependency on gvim is enough?

--
regards

<20190423200352.GE1176@homura.localdomain>
In-Reply-To
<20190423165519.GA12050@arya.arvanta.net> (view parent)
Hm, the vimdiff subpackage definitely does not depend on gvim.

<20190423205042.GF1176@homura.localdomain>
In-Reply-To
<20190423204640.GA15207@arya.arvanta.net> (view parent)
I can reproduce this apk add error, but the APKBUILD looks correct to
me. Can anyone see what I'm missing?

<20190423200352.GE1176@homura.localdomain> (view parent)
On Tue, 2019-04-23 at 16:03, Drew DeVault wrote:
> Hm, the vimdiff subpackage definitely does not depend on gvim.
edge:~/ > apk info -R vimdiff
vimdiff-8.1.1075-r0 depends on:
diffutils
gvim=8.1.1075-r0
vim=8.1.1075-r0

and:

edge:~/ > sudo apk add vimdiff
ERROR: unsatisfiable constraints:
  gvim-8.1.1075-r0:
    breaks: vimdiff-8.1.1075-r0[vim=8.1.1075-r0]
    satisfies: world[vim] vimdiff-8.1.1075-r0[gvim=8.1.1075-r0]

Milan P. Stanić <mps@arvanta.net>
<20190423205724.GA16189@arya.arvanta.net>
In-Reply-To
<20190423205042.GF1176@homura.localdomain> (view parent)
On Tue, 2019-04-23 at 16:50, Drew DeVault wrote:
> I can reproduce this apk add error, but the APKBUILD looks correct to
> me. Can anyone see what I'm missing?

Attached is fixed (to some degree) APKBUILD.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)