For discussion of Alpine Linux development and developer support

2 2

[alpine-devel] first x86_64 iso

Natanael Copa
Details
Message ID
<1290701408.26925.6.camel@ncopa-desktop.nor.wtbts.net>
Sender timestamp
1290701408
DKIM signature
missing

nenolod and I have finally been able to produce a bootable iso that runs
on x86_64.

So far its only a pretty minimal vserver iso and there are no pulic http
repos yet but we are not far away for that.

For those who want try it:
http://nl.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/x86_64/releases/

Still left to do:
* clean up gcc APKBUILD
* clean up kernel builds
  - add x86_64 config
  - fix firmware building on x86_64
* clean up uclibc
  - fix proper patch for protected symbols and submit upstream
  - add x86_64 config
* fix building of the rest of the packages
* set up official x86_64 autobuilder box for edge
* fix abuild to handle $arch

Nathan Angelacos
Details
Message ID
<4CEE9328.1060004@nothome.org>
In-Reply-To
<1290701408.26925.6.camel@ncopa-desktop.nor.wtbts.net> (view parent)
Sender timestamp
1290703656
DKIM signature
missing
On 11/25/10 08:10, Natanael Copa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> nenolod and I have finally been able to produce a bootable iso that runs
> on x86_64.

wow... this is good news.  Thanks!

Harry Lachanas
Details
Message ID
<4CF0B5C1.6030707@freemail.gr>
In-Reply-To
<1290701408.26925.6.camel@ncopa-desktop.nor.wtbts.net> (view parent)
Sender timestamp
1290843585
DKIM signature
missing
> nenolod and I have finally been able to produce a bootable iso that runs
> on x86_64.
>
> So far its only a pretty minimal vserver iso and there are no pulic http
> repos yet but we are not far away for that.
>
> For those who want try it:
> http://nl.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/x86_64/releases/
>
> Still left to do:
> * clean up gcc APKBUILD
> * clean up kernel builds
>    - add x86_64 config
>    - fix firmware building on x86_64
> * clean up uclibc
>    - fix proper patch for protected symbols and submit upstream
>    - add x86_64 config
> * fix building of the rest of the packages
> * set up official x86_64 autobuilder box for edge
> * fix abuild to handle $arch

And I 've downloaded and tested it on an openvz server in qemu mode ...

So far it boots and looks good !!!!
Great Job !!!
Cheers
Harry