apk-tools release imminent

Timo Teras <timo.teras@iki.fi>
<20200824135524.701d8ddb@vostro>
Hi all,

There's a good amount of things piled up in the current apk-tools
master branch:
 - addition of manual pages
 - auto generation of help from manual pages
 - reworking of options parsing
 - upgrade named packages and --ignore
 - some refactoring of the io framework
 - lua updated to 5.3
 - humanization of size output (kB/MB/GB suffix)
 - deprecation of the old/original apk package format
 - various bug fixes

I am still going to fix some minor issues in the new 'upgrade'
functionality.

But I expect to tag 2.12 (_rc1) soon, and upgrade aports. If you can do
early testing from the git master, that's appreciated.

After this, I hope to get back on track to work on the apk version 3
features.

Cheers,
Timo
<4f9048d6-5776-72d2-3269-8ad16f49c735@dereferenced.org>
In-Reply-To
<20200824135524.701d8ddb@vostro> (view parent)
Hello,

On 2020-08-24 04:55, Timo Teras wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There's a good amount of things piled up in the current apk-tools
> master branch:
>   - addition of manual pages
>   - auto generation of help from manual pages
>   - reworking of options parsing
>   - upgrade named packages and --ignore
>   - some refactoring of the io framework
>   - lua updated to 5.3
>   - humanization of size output (kB/MB/GB suffix)
>   - deprecation of the old/original apk package format
>   - various bug fixes
>
> I am still going to fix some minor issues in the new 'upgrade'
> functionality.
>
> But I expect to tag 2.12 (_rc1) soon, and upgrade aports. If you can do
> early testing from the git master, that's appreciated.

Great!  I am already using git master to manage my system, it works fine
so far.

> After this, I hope to get back on track to work on the apk version 3
> features.

I can't wait to dive into apk-tools v3 work.

Ariadne
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)