Problem of Rebasing a GitLab MR

<828f1d59d5b2e9094a42ee26cacc3fac@disroot.org>
Hi list,

I am the maintainer of ibus-libpinyin, and is assigned to
MR #60121 [1].

I encountered an error when trying to rebase the MR. An error message

     Somehing went wrong. Please try again.

was displayed and the operation was not performed. I could observe a
request to GitLab API[2] failed with 404 error code.

I am working on AlpineLinux edge with Firefox

     $ firefox -v
     Mozilla Firefox 121.0.1

Is this a problem with GitLab? Any suggestion to handle this?

---
Ziyao

[1]: https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/aports/-/merge_requests/60121
[2]:
https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/aports/-/merge_requests/null?skip_ci=false
Patrycja Rosa <patrycja@ptrcnull.me>
<55bb4b15-cba9-4eea-87c6-0c7d1722fefc@ptrcnull.me>
In-Reply-To
<828f1d59d5b2e9094a42ee26cacc3fac@disroot.org> (view parent)
On 09/02/2024 20:03, Ziyao wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am the maintainer of ibus-libpinyin, and is assigned to
> MR #60121 [1].
>
> I encountered an error when trying to rebase the MR. An error message
>
>      Somehing went wrong. Please try again.
>
> was displayed and the operation was not performed. I could observe a
> request to GitLab API[2] failed with 404 error code.
hi, this is a visual bug in gitlab - users without write access to the
repo should not have the option to rebase someone else's merge request;
if you want to get it merged, you can just reply with something like
"LGTM" ( "looks good to me" )

-Patrycja

Konstantin Kulikov <k.kulikov2@gmail.com>
<CAD+eXGRbp9V=+1B4wkFLKRkSAm7Dd083o+7Z8DxKP3cN2wF=Bg@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<828f1d59d5b2e9094a42ee26cacc3fac@disroot.org> (view parent)
What are you trying to achieve by rebasing? Pretty sure only those
with commit access can do it and they will when merging.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)