For discussion of Alpine Linux development and developer support

4 4

Notice: lists.alpinelinux.org is running a new mailing list software stack

Details
Message ID
<BVFQEDOVLO7F.1T9YSVSAZHUXY@homura>
Sender timestamp
1562777529
DKIM signature
missing
Download raw message
Greetings! lists.alpinelinux.org is now running a SourceHut-based
mailing list driver and web frontend:

https://lists.alpinelinux.org/lists/~alpine

All existing subscribers have been imported, and the archives have been
backfilled. Forwards have been set up so that emails sent to the old
posting addresses will be handled correctly, but if you'd like to update
your configs the new addresses can be found at the "new post" button on
each list's archive page.

The new lists have better archives and searching, first-class patch
support (possibly replacing patchworks in the future?), and can be
integrated into CI for testing patches which are sent to aports et al,
among other nice features.

Users who have set up filters based on the presence of [alpine-aports]
et al in subject lines, however, will need to change their filters. The
best way to do this is via the List-Id header, rather than the subject
line. We cannot change the subject line without breaking DKIM
signatures, so this change also will help to reduce email delivery
issues and improve mail authentication.

I helped with the migration and I also represent SourceHut upstream, so
if anyone runs into trouble please send me an email or reach out on IRC,
via sir@cmpwn.com or ddevault respectively. The code is here:

https://git.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/lists.sr.ht

And documentation is here:

https://man.sr.ht/lists.sr.ht

-- 
Drew DeVault
Details
Message ID
<20190711163749.74771c0e@ncopa-desktop.copa.dup.pw>
In-Reply-To
<BVFQEDOVLO7F.1T9YSVSAZHUXY@homura> (view parent)
Sender timestamp
1562855869
DKIM signature
missing
Download raw message
On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 12:52:09 -0400
"Drew DeVault" <sir@cmpwn.com> wrote:

> Greetings! lists.alpinelinux.org is now running a SourceHut-based
> mailing list driver and web frontend:
> 
> https://lists.alpinelinux.org/lists/~alpine

...
 
> I helped with the migration and I also represent SourceHut upstream, so
> if anyone runs into trouble please send me an email or reach out on IRC,
> via sir@cmpwn.com or ddevault respectively. The code is here:

Great job! Thank you very much!

-nc
Details
Message ID
<CA+cSEmM8fQH8KrxXU1X1KH1i3jvBhJ9r-3iDXR-17QJeA9JcDA@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<BVFQEDOVLO7F.1T9YSVSAZHUXY@homura> (view parent)
Sender timestamp
1562875980
DKIM signature
missing
Download raw message
On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 at 16:07, Drew DeVault <sir@cmpwn.com> wrote:
>
> Greetings! lists.alpinelinux.org is now running a SourceHut-based
> mailing list driver and web frontend:
>
> https://lists.alpinelinux.org/lists/~alpine
>
> All existing subscribers have been imported, and the archives have been
> backfilled. Forwards have been set up so that emails sent to the old
> posting addresses will be handled correctly, but if you'd like to update
> your configs the new addresses can be found at the "new post" button on
> each list's archive page.
>
> The new lists have better archives and searching, first-class patch
> support (possibly replacing patchworks in the future?), and can be
> integrated into CI for testing patches which are sent to aports et al,
> among other nice features.

Thanks a lot for your hard work and patience!

P.S. I had to send this email twice as it seems this new list software
blocks html emails.

-carlo
opal hart
Details
Message ID
<20190712053539.67ea6459@clamav.wowana.me>
In-Reply-To
<BVFQEDOVLO7F.1T9YSVSAZHUXY@homura> (view parent)
Sender timestamp
1562909739
DKIM signature
missing
Download raw message
On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 12:52:09 -0400
"Drew DeVault" <sir@cmpwn.com> wrote:

> The new lists have better archives

I see the option to export individual threads as mbox files, but is it
possible to do this with entire lists such as what GNU Mailman does? I
like having local searchable copies of lists.


Also, page titles still refer to "lists.sr.ht", this could be
misleading to people who think it's the actual site URL rather than
referring to the software. Especially so if I happen to have browser
tabs open for lists.sr.ht as well as lists.alpinelinux.org
simultaneously.

-- 
wowaname <https://wowana.me/pgp.xht>
Details
Message ID
<BVHCXS1GJYHA.3A8KCLC1GQNB5@homura>
In-Reply-To
<20190712053539.67ea6459@clamav.wowana.me> (view parent)
Sender timestamp
1562942673
DKIM signature
missing
Download raw message
On Fri Jul 12, 2019 at 5:35 AM opal hart wrote:
> I see the option to export individual threads as mbox files, but is it
> possible to do this with entire lists such as what GNU Mailman does? I
> like having local searchable copies of lists.

This is available to admins, but not end-users. I'll raise the issue on
sr.ht-discuss and see what people think about letting users export the
whole list.

> Also, page titles still refer to "lists.sr.ht", this could be
> misleading to people who think it's the actual site URL rather than
> referring to the software. Especially so if I happen to have browser
> tabs open for lists.sr.ht as well as lists.alpinelinux.org
> simultaneously.

Good catch, fixed.