Re: bootstrap.sh fails

<BZMMBVOORJQF.39W8UZEVGQ9JZ@homura>
bootstrap.sh isn't batteries included, it's kind of expected to fail and
you're kind of expected to work your way through it. It's just there to
help you through what is ultimately a very large, complicated, manual,
and error prone process.

Re: bootstrap.sh fails

Carl Chave <online@chave.us>
<CAGP1gyOXS4TGutFwnfvW=xWGD5J1qLzfB6sHP_8jpzWroKbtyA@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<BZMMBVOORJQF.39W8UZEVGQ9JZ@homura> (view parent)
On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 8:33 PM Drew DeVault <sir@cmpwn.com> wrote:

> bootstrap.sh isn't batteries included, it's kind of expected to fail and
> you're kind of expected to work your way through it. It's just there to
> help you through what is ultimately a very large, complicated, manual,
> and error prone process.

Thanks for the reply - It was your interesting blog post on porting
Alpine to RISC-V which landed me in this predicament!  I guess I'll
keep poking at it.  I've looked at the referenced line number (953)
which was not very enlightening and tried adding a missing file to the
gcc source (standard.ads.h) for no other reason that it was causing a
broken symlink,  I'm sure there's worse ways to spend a Friday
evening!

Re: bootstrap.sh fails

Carl Chave <online@chave.us>
<CAGP1gyN1VXY5548MO36OAaLZ0L+xui3aK15bs3NsWL8_3QuC+g@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAGP1gyOXS4TGutFwnfvW=xWGD5J1qLzfB6sHP_8jpzWroKbtyA@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
For the record, I did end up getting a working base load on an old
armel board.  I'm not convinced I could recreate what I did, but the
two things that fixed the majority of the issues I had was disabling
most of the compiler language support when invoking the bootstrap
script:

CBUILD=x86_64 LANG_D=false LANG_OBJC=false LANG_GO=false
LANG_FORTRAN=false LANG_ADA=false ./bootstrap.sh armel

and commenting out the stripbin function in /usr/bin/abuild because
the wrong strip binary was being called for many packages, not all,
but many.  Probably not the best solution but I figured I could go
back and rebuild everything natively later?
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)