linux-lts-dev versions not matching kernel

Olle Lögdahl <olle.logdahl@umu.se>
<MM0P280MB0408F2BC77254324E323A751EE752@MM0P280MB0408.SWEP280.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM>
I'm sure there is a reason, but I find it weird that alpine running kernel 6.6.4 (Alpine Linux 3.19.0) doesn't have a linux-lts-dev
package for the same kernel. I can only find one for 6.6.12-lts.

I'm trying to build LKMs inside alpine, and I would like to build them
for my currently running system. That would require kbuild, which is
packaged together with linux-lts-dev. I know I could compile it from source, but it takes a bit too long for our setup.

Thank you in advance,
Olle Lögdahl
<CAO54GHDALchfVyQ3emSQZ8VzR_4z61v9Hv0vS=gmdOzU4+Qy8w@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<MM0P280MB0408F2BC77254324E323A751EE752@MM0P280MB0408.SWEP280.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM> (view parent)
On Mon, Jan 22, 2024 at 9:22 AM Olle Lögdahl <olle.logdahl@umu.se> wrote:

> I'm sure there is a reason, but I find it weird that alpine running kernel 6.6.4 (Alpine Linux 3.19.0) doesn't have a linux-lts-dev
> package for the same kernel. I can only find one for 6.6.12-lts.
>
> I'm trying to build LKMs inside alpine, and I would like to build them
> for my currently running system. That would require kbuild, which is
> packaged together with linux-lts-dev. I know I could compile it from source, but it takes a bit too long for our setup.
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Olle Lögdahl

Hello Olle,

This is expected. We don't keep older versions of packages, so if you
didn't install the -dev package at the same time as
the kernel, and the kernel is updated, the old version of that package
is no longer available.

Kind regards,
Kevin
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)