v3.15 builders bootstrapped

<YWsU6tiHtmsWIma7@alpha>
Hello all,

The v3.15 builders have all been bootstrapped. This means no large
changes affecting the toolchain or ABI breaking changes should be pushed
anymore to main. Once the builders start working on community, it will
count there as well.

Our focus should be mostly on fixing build issues to keep the builders
and testing v3.15.

Thanks
Jakub Jirutka <jakub@jirutka.cz>
<b8c7204a-59b0-5fe2-e842-4d66dcbf388b@jirutka.cz>
In-Reply-To
<YWsU6tiHtmsWIma7@alpha> (view parent)

I’m sorry, but there’s one change I have to do (because know one did it so far): upgrade Ruby from 2.7 to 3.

Next time I would appreciate informing about the freeze period in advance.

Jakub J.

<87pms4ed84.fsf@ungleich.ch>
In-Reply-To
<YWsU6tiHtmsWIma7@alpha> (view parent)
Yeaaaaaaha! Do we already have the custom of a virtual release party?

If yes, where & when does it happen?

If no, is anyone interested in having a virtual (video based?) hangout
to celebrate? Maybe cheering with a drink of your choice?

Best regards from Seoul airport,

Nico

--
Sustainable and modern Infrastructures by ungleich.ch
<cbba209c-fce1-c65b-d26e-5624cbc681f2@dereferenced.org>

On Sun, 17 Oct 2021, Jakub Jirutka wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m sorry, but there’s one change I have to do (because know one did it so far): upgrade Ruby from 2.7 to 3.
>
> Next time I would appreciate informing about the freeze period in advance.

We are only in soft freeze.  Feel free to do the Ruby upgrade, but try to
get it done quickly.

Addressing your other concern, the TSC will outline a release timeline for
3.16 release and later, at the beginning of those development cycles.  We
didn't do it for 3.15 as the cycle was underway by the time the TSC was
operational.

Ariadne
<96deb38c-977e-46b7-1a42-99e19d6b4ff3@dereferenced.org>
In-Reply-To
<87pms4ed84.fsf@ungleich.ch> (view parent)

On Sun, 17 Oct 2021, Nico Schottelius wrote:

> Yeaaaaaaha! Do we already have the custom of a virtual release party?
>
> If yes, where & when does it happen?
>
> If no, is anyone interested in having a virtual (video based?) hangout
> to celebrate? Maybe cheering with a drink of your choice?

As we now have the capacity to do this, I think it might be a reasonable
idea.  We haven't had the capacity to do this prior to the setup of
BigBlueButton.

Ariadne
Carl Chave <online@chave.us>
<CAGP1gyO2Ja=HZBtN-geeM=dv98HHKZsthcdL+K7Dwrbr0bW6_A@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<96deb38c-977e-46b7-1a42-99e19d6b4ff3@dereferenced.org> (view parent)
> virtual release party

Sounds cool!
<20211018085651.57a521f7@ncopa-desktop.lan>
In-Reply-To
<b8c7204a-59b0-5fe2-e842-4d66dcbf388b@jirutka.cz> (view parent)
On Sun, 17 Oct 2021 01:46:13 +0200
Jakub Jirutka <jakub@jirutka.cz> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I*m sorry, but there*s one change I have to do (because know one did
> it so far): upgrade Ruby from 2.7 to 3.

May still be possible unless it require us to rebuild the world again.

> Next time I would appreciate informing about the freeze period in
> advance.

I can give you the freeze period already now. The freeze period for
3.16 will start around first half of April 2022, and the freeze period
for 3.17 will start around first half of October 2022.

We are aiming for releases every May and November, and should start set
up the builders a month in advance.

I hope that help.

-nc

> Jakub J.
>
> On 10/16/21 8:07 PM, Kevin Daudt wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > The v3.15 builders have all been bootstrapped. This means no large
> > changes affecting the toolchain or ABI breaking changes should be
> > pushed anymore to main. Once the builders start working on
> > community, it will count there as well.
> >
> > Our focus should be mostly on fixing build issues to keep the
> > builders and testing v3.15.
> >
> > Thanks

Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)