Like to maintain orphaned community packages (docker-registry/gogs)

<cf7a357992a2c72bce518100fa96a5d5@tower-net.de>
Hello,

I'd like to maintain the following community packages which are
currently orphaned:

* docker-registry
* gogs

Because someone is patching the packages with new version, my question
is, is there already anyone interested in maintaining these 2 packages
and only not named maintainer up to now?

If not, what must be done by me, to become maintainer?
Should I open an issue on gitlab?
May I contact anyone directly?

Thanks
Markus
<YqRp1hUMVpBg98wf@7a158b4ece3e>
In-Reply-To
<cf7a357992a2c72bce518100fa96a5d5@tower-net.de> (view parent)
On Sat, Jun 11, 2022 at 11:39:33AM +0200, Markus Kolb wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to maintain the following community packages which are currently
> orphaned:
>
> * docker-registry
> * gogs
>
> Because someone is patching the packages with new version, my question is,
> is there already anyone interested in maintaining these 2 packages and only
> not named maintainer up to now?
>
> If not, what must be done by me, to become maintainer?
> Should I open an issue on gitlab?
> May I contact anyone directly?
>
> Thanks
> Markus

Hello Markus,

Thanks for stepping in. The maintenance that has been done on these
packages has mosty just been security fixes and rebuilds against newer
go versions, so they have no effective maintainer.

To become a maintainer, all you need to do is send a patch / merge
request where you add yourself as the maintainer.

If you have questions, feel free to drop by on #alpine-devel at
irc.oftc.net (either directly, or via matrix).

Kind regards, Kevin
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)