~alpine/users

1

su/login and util-linux

PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerhard@gmail.com>
<CALci+FTefFR5Jci6baiHNwCEW0gDNBA5KM12hqDPpaZFL1PL8A@mail.gmail.com>
I read recently that su and login are build from util-linux in most
distributions..

Alpine linux builds currently from suckless implementation..

Taking in consideration the extra work that produce it! will implement
the behaviour of the default from util-linux or will go ahead withthe
suckless defaults ?

That mail are due seem will be a standar now!

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com
<20190719073822.7f5075b0@ncopa-desktop.copa.dup.pw>
In-Reply-To
<CALci+FTefFR5Jci6baiHNwCEW0gDNBA5KM12hqDPpaZFL1PL8A@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)

On Thu, 18 Jul 2019 22:36:52 -0400
PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerhard@gmail.com> wrote:

> I read recently that su and login are build from util-linux in most
> distributions..
>
> Alpine linux builds currently from suckless implementation..

Looks like we have 3 su implementations: busybox, shadow, and ubase
(suckless).

> Taking in consideration the extra work that produce it! will implement
> the behaviour of the default from util-linux or will go ahead withthe
> suckless defaults ?

I'm not sure I understand your question. Alpine default `su` uses
busybox implementation, but requires bbsuid to work. If this is not
sufficient for you, you can install either `shadow` or `ubase`.

> That mail are due seem will be a standar now!

I didn't understand this. sorry.

> Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)