~alpine/users

2 2

cannot change limit for memlock

Robert Paschke <robpaschke@posteo.de>
<0a9f9bff-043f-7791-6176-d286b82d8545@posteo.de>
Dear Support Team!

I've recently installed Alpine Linux 3.16.2.

How to change memlock limit value? Command ulimit -l outputs 64. That's
too small for me.

Instructions in /etc/security/limits.conf are ignored. Directory
/etc/security/limit.d is empty. Shell is changed to /bin/bash.

Content of /etc/security/limit.conf:

robert hard memlock 10000
robert soft memlock 10000

I look forward to your reply and thanks in advance for your time.
<CNU8MVNB0XZO.21LFHHPIYBPAD@aldra>
In-Reply-To
<0a9f9bff-043f-7791-6176-d286b82d8545@posteo.de> (view parent)
On Mon Oct 24, 2022 at 2:00 PM CEST, Robert Paschke wrote:
> Dear Support Team!
>
> I've recently installed Alpine Linux 3.16.2.
>
> How to change memlock limit value? Command ulimit -l outputs 64. That's
> too small for me.
>
> Instructions in /etc/security/limits.conf are ignored. Directory
> /etc/security/limit.d is empty. Shell is changed to /bin/bash.
to use any of those you need util-linux-login installed to utilise a
PAM-enabled login. (or shadow-login, but the former is preferred)

> Content of /etc/security/limit.conf:
>
> robert hard memlock 10000
> robert soft memlock 10000
>

> I look forward to your reply and thanks in advance for your time.
Robert Paschke <robpaschke@posteo.de>
<a70b1545-6721-a29f-d46e-f02e7c16c9a3@posteo.de>
In-Reply-To
<CNU8MVNB0XZO.21LFHHPIYBPAD@aldra> (view parent)