~alpine/users

3 2

Re: [alpine-user] MATE and lxdm issue

Marco Dickert <marco@misterunknown.de>
<20190625082720.GA775@marco.themis.pinknet.de>
On 2019-06-24 10:51:11, Matt Schwartz wrote:
> Thank you for your reply, Marco. Yes, dbus is installed and running.

Are you sure that dbus-x11 is also installed? I just installed an alpine linux
in a VirtualBox VM and got it to work. What is the exact error message?

--
Marco Dickert
marco@misterunknown.de

Re: [alpine-user] MATE and lxdm issue

<CAFx7Uz1jqTZdboj3Vev6KCTyS92cn8DJrrPB8WvZD3wQgAXZRA@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<20190625082720.GA775@marco.themis.pinknet.de> (view parent)
Hi Marco, I am not certain what happened but mate is running now. However,
I am getting a new and confusing error that google is not helping me
resolve. When I click on the Computer icon on the desktop, I get the
following error: Could not display computer:/// and I am not able to mount
the cdrom. It says I must be root.

Thank you again,
Matt

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 4:27 AM Marco Dickert <marco@misterunknown.de>
wrote:

> On 2019-06-24 10:51:11, Matt Schwartz wrote:
> > Thank you for your reply, Marco. Yes, dbus is installed and running.
>
> Are you sure that dbus-x11 is also installed? I just installed an alpine
> linux
> in a VirtualBox VM and got it to work. What is the exact error message?
>
> --
> Marco Dickert
> marco@misterunknown.de
> https://misterunknown.de

Re: [alpine-user] MATE and lxdm issue

PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerhard@gmail.com>
<CALci+FRDp35Q6+sRC=Zq9GFfnuvN0kPYE4T5t7Oef=O4-vPg8Q@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAFx7Uz1jqTZdboj3Vev6KCTyS92cn8DJrrPB8WvZD3wQgAXZRA@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
install al lthe gvfs pacakges and error will gone

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

El mar., 25 de jun. de 2019 a la(s) 13:07, Matt Schwartz (
matt.schwartz01@gmail.com) escribió:

> Hi Marco, I am not certain what happened but mate is running now. However,
> I am getting a new and confusing error that google is not helping me
> resolve. When I click on the Computer icon on the desktop, I get the
> following error: Could not display computer:/// and I am not able to mount
> the cdrom. It says I must be root.
>
> Thank you again,
> Matt
>
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 4:27 AM Marco Dickert <marco@misterunknown.de>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2019-06-24 10:51:11, Matt Schwartz wrote:
>> > Thank you for your reply, Marco. Yes, dbus is installed and running.
>>
>> Are you sure that dbus-x11 is also installed? I just installed an alpine
>> linux
>> in a VirtualBox VM and got it to work. What is the exact error message?
>>
>> --
>> Marco Dickert
>> marco@misterunknown.de
>> https://misterunknown.de

Re: [alpine-user] MATE and lxdm issue

<CAFx7Uz09mHqZoHgs4SnA_80SFiJmXA2qV3OcgA2ORFs7=j3QyA@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CALci+FRDp35Q6+sRC=Zq9GFfnuvN0kPYE4T5t7Oef=O4-vPg8Q@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Thank you! That's precisely what I was looking for. Now I get to puzzle
through getting audio working....

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 3:00 PM PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerhard@gmail.com>
wrote:

> install al lthe gvfs pacakges and error will gone
>
> Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com
>

> El mar., 25 de jun. de 2019 a la(s) 13:07, Matt Schwartz (
> matt.schwartz01@gmail.com) escribió:
>
>> Hi Marco, I am not certain what happened but mate is running now.
>> However, I am getting a new and confusing error that google is not helping
>> me resolve. When I click on the Computer icon on the desktop, I get the
>> following error: Could not display computer:/// and I am not able to mount
>> the cdrom. It says I must be root.
>>
>> Thank you again,
>> Matt
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 4:27 AM Marco Dickert <marco@misterunknown.de>
>> wrote:

>>> Are you sure that dbus-x11 is also installed? I just installed an alpine
>>> linux
>>> in a VirtualBox VM and got it to work. What is the exact error message?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Marco Dickert
>>> marco@misterunknown.de
>>> https://misterunknown.de