~alpine/users

2 2

select version of postgres client to use

<4515391.LvFx2qVVIh@kohni-mobil>

I'm looking for the "alpine way" to select the postgresql client version to
use. I have multiple versions installed (PG 12 up to PG 16) for testing
purposes and like to simply select the version to use. I checked the binaries
in "/usr/bin" are just symlinks to the binaries in a PG version dependent
folder.

I was thinking about something comparable to Gentoo's "eselect" tool, but
could not find anything. I probably just missed the right keywords in my
search, though...

Thanks in advance!

--
MfG Jan
Jakub Jirutka <jakub@jirutka.cz>

it’s command pg_versions.

Jakub

Sent from mobile phone

> On 6. 10. 2023, at 10:43, Jan Kohnert <nospam001-lists@jan-kohnert.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for the "alpine way" to select the postgresql client version to
> use. I have multiple versions installed (PG 12 up to PG 16) for testing
> purposes and like to simply select the version to use. I checked the binaries
> in "/usr/bin" are just symlinks to the binaries in a PG version dependent
> folder.
>
> I was thinking about something comparable to Gentoo's "eselect" tool, but
> could not find anything. I probably just missed the right keywords in my
> search, though...
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> --
> MfG Jan

<13362147.uLZWGnKmhe@kohni-mobil>
In-Reply-To
<557259A0-81B2-440B-B621-57D014EC7E3F@jirutka.cz> (view parent)
Am Freitag, 6. Oktober 2023, 11:33:30 CEST schrieb Jakub Jirutka:
> > On 6. 10. 2023, at 10:43, Jan Kohnert <nospam001-lists@jan-kohnert.de>
> > wrote:
> > I'm looking for the "alpine way" to select the postgresql client version
> > to use.
>
> it’s command pg_versions.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. :)

--
MfG Jan
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)