~alpine/users

1

Raspbery Pi lbu issue

alex wennerberg <alex@alexwennerberg.com>
<CBQDHG1IJSMH.1QB07EGAAVPCT@localhost>
Hey all,

I enjoy using Alpine on Raspberry Pis, but I have encountered this issue before and I wanted to report it.
I use an in-memory install (to reduce SD card wear) on a Pi Zero. Sometimes this leads to a "no space left on device" error.
At this point, I need to run lbu commit. However, lbu doesn't seem to function in this state, and breaks.
I then restart my Pi, and sometimes, the Pi is completely bricked, doesn't boot at all. Not sure if this is
enough information for you all, if you need, I can try and reproduce the issue and note the logs, etc.

All the best,
Alex
Marvin Preuss <marvin@xsteadfastx.org>
<20210601063439.GA23554@xsteadfastx.org>
In-Reply-To
<CBQDHG1IJSMH.1QB07EGAAVPCT@localhost> (view parent)

On Sa, 29. Mai 23:39, alex wennerberg wrote:

> I enjoy using Alpine on Raspberry Pis, but I have encountered this issue before and I wanted to report it.
> I use an in-memory install (to reduce SD card wear) on a Pi Zero. Sometimes this leads to a "no space left on device" error.
> At this point, I need to run lbu commit. However, lbu doesn't seem to function in this state, and breaks.
> I then restart my Pi, and sometimes, the Pi is completely bricked, doesn't boot at all. Not sure if this is
> enough information for you all, if you need, I can try and reproduce the issue and note the logs, etc.

two things I would consider:

1. Checking the SD card. I had similar problems with lbu when the SD
card was dull.

2. I had the problem ones when the memory was full and i got the "no
space left on device" on a diskless installation. But this didnt happend
for a long time.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)