~alpine/users

2 2

using alpine with gmail/G Suite, without enabling less secure apps

Giuseppe Angilella <Giuseppe.Angilella@ct.infn.it>
<alpine.DEB.2.21.1911241438540.2601@thp>

I've read that it is (still) possible to configure alpine to receive/send
e-mails through a Google/G Suite account, but that this requires enabling
"less secure apps" under one's Google Account.

Is there a procedure to use alpine+gmail, without enabling less secure apps
under Google Account?

Thanks,

Giuseppe.
PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerhard@gmail.com>
<CALci+FRiGa1U9eCaZ53bDDq37NMFnkW6AzyVVdbWzBkE=veqsQ@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<alpine.DEB.2.21.1911241438540.2601@thp> (view parent)
NO! in nowhere case related to custom integration..

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

Paul Zillmann <p.zillmann@h6g.de>
<bfa23e60-f7bd-73a8-12db-44e78206ed19@h6g.de>
In-Reply-To
<alpine.DEB.2.21.1911241438540.2601@thp> (view parent)
Hello Giuseppe,

this is a mailing list for the Linux Distribution "Alpine Linux"
(https://alpinelinux.org/)
You are probably searching for help for an E-Mail client called Alpine,
aren't you?

In that case you are on the wrong mailing list.

- Paul

Am 24.11.19 um 14:39 schrieb Giuseppe Angilella:
> Hi,
>
> I've read that it is (still) possible to configure alpine to receive/send
> e-mails through a Google/G Suite account, but that this requires enabling
> "less secure apps" under one's Google Account.
>
> Is there a procedure to use alpine+gmail, without enabling less secure
> apps
> under Google Account?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Giuseppe.