~alpine/users

2 2

pam_cap.so missing from libcap

<trinity-07fdb4dd-ee42-417b-a9b3-4102cb498012-1720297439984@3c-app-mailcom-bs04>
Greetings,

I've noticed the mentioned above file is missing from libcap.
is there a specific reason for that?
taking the tar file, unpacking it and running compile locally generated the relevant file but the build log doesn't show
it gets built and there is not patch to disable it, I wonder how it is get disabled?

Thanks,

Dagg
<w7jqpdz2kybwrczbgj3s5gp5s4exrrdf2ept53xbrpe63uyqpd@jqtkw27d5vpy>
In-Reply-To
<trinity-07fdb4dd-ee42-417b-a9b3-4102cb498012-1720297439984@3c-app-mailcom-bs04> (view parent)
On Sat, Jul 06, 2024 at 10:24:00PM UTC, daggs wrote:
Hi,

> I've noticed the mentioned above file is missing from libcap.
> is there a specific reason for that?
> taking the tar file, unpacking it and running compile locally generated the relevant file but the build log doesn't show
> it gets built and there is not patch to disable it, I wonder how it is get disabled?

It seems that it auto detects PAM based on this Make.Rules line:

PAM_CAP ?= $(shell if [ -f /usr/include/security/pam_modules.h ]; then echo $(SHARED) ; else echo no ; fi)

Since PAM support is opt-in in Alpine it probably doesn't exist on
builders.
<trinity-32cd2263-478b-40bf-9c40-6c1a4c095811-1720376227155@3c-app-mailcom-bs16>
In-Reply-To
<w7jqpdz2kybwrczbgj3s5gp5s4exrrdf2ept53xbrpe63uyqpd@jqtkw27d5vpy> (view parent)
> Sent: Sunday, July 07, 2024 at 1:05 PM
> From: "donoban" <donoban@riseup.net>
> To: ~alpine/users@lists.alpinelinux.org
> Subject: Re: pam_cap.so missing from libcap
>
> On Sat, Jul 06, 2024 at 10:24:00PM UTC, daggs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I've noticed the mentioned above file is missing from libcap.
> > is there a specific reason for that?
> > taking the tar file, unpacking it and running compile locally generated the relevant file but the build log doesn't show
> > it gets built and there is not patch to disable it, I wonder how it is get disabled?
>
> It seems that it auto detects PAM based on this Make.Rules line:
>
> PAM_CAP ?= $(shell if [ -f /usr/include/security/pam_modules.h ]; then echo $(SHARED) ; else echo no ; fi)
>
> Since PAM support is opt-in in Alpine it probably doesn't exist on
> builders.

thanks, installing linux-pam-dev on my miniroot and then building libcap fixes the issue
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)