~alpine/users

2 2

libvirt qemu+ssh

<trinity-f9dd94c5-88bb-43a9-8141-0f27c53e979f-1638343461856@3c-app-mailcom-bs15>
Greeting,

I'm trying to migrate my vms from my current server to a alpine based test system using this cmd: virsh migrate --offline vm qemu+ssh://alpine_server/system
however I get a timeout error regarding PolicyKit, I've installed it and started the service

is there a known issue regarding this or qemu+ssh:// with libvirt?

Thanks,

Dagg
Christine Dodrill <me@christine.website>
<5F7421FA-D923-4243-B1D1-C01F3E05BA4F@christine.website>
In-Reply-To
<trinity-f9dd94c5-88bb-43a9-8141-0f27c53e979f-1638343461856@3c-app-mailcom-bs15> (view parent)
Try qemu+ssh://root@alpine-server/system. You need to be root to control the system libvirt thing unless you suffer through policykit.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 1, 2021, at 02:25, daggs <daggs@gmx.com> wrote:
>
> Greeting,
>
> I'm trying to migrate my vms from my current server to a alpine based test system using this cmd: virsh migrate --offline vm qemu+ssh://alpine_server/system
> however I get a timeout error regarding PolicyKit, I've installed it and started the service
>
> is there a known issue regarding this or qemu+ssh:// with libvirt?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dagg
<trinity-80b82b6f-4196-4b63-a600-d3f250bf7aea-1638371777318@3c-app-mailcom-bs09>
In-Reply-To
<5F7421FA-D923-4243-B1D1-C01F3E05BA4F@christine.website> (view parent)
Greetings Christine,

> Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2021 at 3:15 PM
> From: "Christine Dodrill" <me@christine.website>
> To: "daggs" <daggs@gmx.com>
> Cc: ~alpine/users@lists.alpinelinux.org
> Subject: Re: libvirt qemu+ssh
>
> Try qemu+ssh://root@alpine-server/system. You need to be root to control the system libvirt thing unless you suffer through policykit.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Dec 1, 2021, at 02:25, daggs <daggs@gmx.com> wrote:
> >
> > Greeting,
> >
> > I'm trying to migrate my vms from my current server to a alpine based test system using this cmd: virsh migrate --offline vm qemu+ssh://alpine_server/system
> > however I get a timeout error regarding PolicyKit, I've installed it and started the service
> >
> > is there a known issue regarding this or qemu+ssh:// with libvirt?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Dagg

actually I'm using a user that can access virsh. does it matter?
I'll try either way, thanks.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)