~alpine/apk-tools

2 2

Alpine Repository

<CAG7kD63Oc65_3yu1A-P8N4paBFWFm7S85Sg_Fj7M6dkDFHQ9hw@mail.gmail.com>
Hello,

I am trying to build an Alpine repository but I keep getting this
error message after running apk add package_name:

ERROR: package_name-0.4.0-r0: package mentioned in index not found
(try 'apk update')

What does this error mean (what's the internal cause of the failure)?
apk update does not fix the issue.

I tried searching for the apk tool source code to investigate further
but couldn't find it.

To make the repository I do,

apk index -vU -o /repo/APKINDEX.tar.gz /repo/package_name.apk
abuild-sign -k /path/to/key.rsa /repo/APKINDEX.tar.gz

Then copy up the repository (/repo/) to the server.  Am I missing
anything that might be causing this error?

Thanks,
<CAG7kD63TevqrxQHeFKW5TfyUY9VPyZuZKyBeWmnP1_mSrRzQ5A@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAG7kD63Oc65_3yu1A-P8N4paBFWFm7S85Sg_Fj7M6dkDFHQ9hw@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
OK, I believe that the issue is due to platform mismatch (I'm building
the package on x86_64 for armhf), so I think I have to use

aports scripts/bootstrap.sh armhf

but I'm not sure what I need to do after that in order to build for
the other architecture.  Any tips appreciated.

On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 12:51 PM Jeron Lau <aldaronlau@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to build an Alpine repository but I keep getting this
> error message after running apk add package_name:
>
> ERROR: package_name-0.4.0-r0: package mentioned in index not found
> (try 'apk update')
>
> What does this error mean (what's the internal cause of the failure)?
> apk update does not fix the issue.
>
> I tried searching for the apk tool source code to investigate further
> but couldn't find it.
>
> To make the repository I do,
>
> apk index -vU -o /repo/APKINDEX.tar.gz /repo/package_name.apk
> abuild-sign -k /path/to/key.rsa /repo/APKINDEX.tar.gz
>
> Then copy up the repository (/repo/) to the server.  Am I missing
> anything that might be causing this error?
>
> Thanks,
<3e75434f-4521-84dc-c867-5146ccfaad8@dereferenced.org>
In-Reply-To
<CAG7kD63TevqrxQHeFKW5TfyUY9VPyZuZKyBeWmnP1_mSrRzQ5A@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)

Please don't top-post your replies on Alpine lists.

On Wed, 29 Sep 2021, Jeron Lau wrote:

> OK, I believe that the issue is due to platform mismatch (I'm building
> the package on x86_64 for armhf), so I think I have to use
>
> aports scripts/bootstrap.sh armhf
>
> but I'm not sure what I need to do after that in order to build for
> the other architecture.  Any tips appreciated.

No!  Do not use bootstrap.sh.  It does not do what you want.

You actually want to do the following:

1. Install qemu-arm and qemu-openrc packages.
2. Start the qemu-binfmt service.
3. Invoke abuild as `CBUILD=armhf abuild rootbld` in the directory with
your APKBUILD to build the package.

Ariadne
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)