~alpine/users

2 2

why the wiki page promotes usage of sudo and also use grups

PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerhard@gmail.com>
<CALci+FSVsJSLP_Ha2_TMgp7bs_fa1iaw1gB9v8y3Ptz=4PrupQ@mail.gmail.com>
in the wiki page
https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Creating_an_Alpine_package
it said that use that "thing" of sudo.. so why the complication about
groups?

so this is official or is forced to? I mean can we avoid.. cos i try to
package GAMBAS and seems this is irresponsible to promote a thing that is a
crap in security!

sudo is a horrible creature that makes the groups means nothing..
Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com
<2742243.5cedR3tnqV@nanabozho>
In-Reply-To
<CALci+FSVsJSLP_Ha2_TMgp7bs_fa1iaw1gB9v8y3Ptz=4PrupQ@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Hello,

On Saturday, October 31, 2020 7:43:33 AM MDT PICCORO McKAY Lenz wrote:
> in the wiki page
> https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Creating_an_Alpine_package
> it said that use that "thing" of sudo.. so why the complication about
> groups?

Groups and package users have to be created in the build environment in order
to ensure that the generated package has correct UIDs and GIDs when installed
on the target.  This is because apk-tools needs to know which files will belong
to the new user/group.

> so this is official or is forced to? I mean can we avoid.. cos i try to
> package GAMBAS and seems this is irresponsible to promote a thing that is a
> crap in security!
>
> sudo is a horrible creature that makes the groups means nothing..

abuild has not used sudo for a very long time.

Ariadne
PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerhard@gmail.com>
<CALci+FRLrjFiB-ZiadZGA=XY++EgBGMfawzMsK+aZr7P6jvSEQ@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<2742243.5cedR3tnqV@nanabozho> (view parent)
Ok, thanks for the clarification.  so that wiki page are super-ou-of-date
puff so much work to do in the wiki of alpine.. thanks !

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

El sáb., 31 de oct. de 2020 a la(s) 10:35, Ariadne Conill (
ariadne@dereferenced.org) escribió:

> Hello,
>
> On Saturday, October 31, 2020 7:43:33 AM MDT PICCORO McKAY Lenz wrote:
> > in the wiki page
> > https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Creating_an_Alpine_package
> > it said that use that "thing" of sudo.. so why the complication about
> > groups?
>
> Groups and package users have to be created in the build environment in
> order
> to ensure that the generated package has correct UIDs and GIDs when
> installed
> on the target.  This is because apk-tools needs to know which files will
> belong
> to the new user/group.
>
> > so this is official or is forced to? I mean can we avoid.. cos i try to
> > package GAMBAS and seems this is irresponsible to promote a thing that
> is a
> > crap in security!
> >
> > sudo is a horrible creature that makes the groups means nothing..
>
> abuild has not used sudo for a very long time.
>
> Ariadne

Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)